OverviewOur Professional iOS Application development course has been developed to give developers an intensive learning to the key hardware features and APIs available to create Line of Business apps for iPhone and iPad. The course features extensive hands-on labs and exercises using latest version of Xcode and developing with the latest iOS programming language Swift.
This course outlines what's involved in the development of native hybrid iPhone and iPad Apps. It starts by covering the software Apple provides to develop applications including the Simulator.
DurationCourse duration :84 hrs
Who should attendExperienced desktop app developers / programmers who need to learn how to develop commercial iPhone and iPad applications using the xCode IDE and the Swift programming language.
PrerequisitesStudents should be comfortable in the Windows or Mac environment and be able to manage information on a computer. They should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
- Understand programming concepts
- Build your own Swift apps
- Understand OOP Concepts
- Working with Multi-Threading
- Build your own iOS apps
- Understand how iOS applications work, their life cycle, settings, and using external resources
- Design and develop useful iOS applications with compelling user interfaces by using, extending, and creating your own layouts and Views.
- Take advantage of iOS API to build complex applications.
- Utilize the power of background services, threads, and local notifications.
- Secure, tune, package, and deploy iOS applications.
Module 1: (Swift Programming) (24 Hrs)
Section 1: Starting Swift From Scratch
- Introduction to Swift
- Basic Programming Concepts
- Data Types & Identifiers
Section 2: Control Statements & Loops
- if conditions
- switch case statements
- for and while loops
- Jump statements
Section 3: Introduction to Object Oriented Programming
- Classes & Methods
- Method Args
- Self Keyword
- @property directive
- Inheritance& Polymorphism
Section 4: Arrays & Dictionaries
- 1 D Arrays
- 2 D Arrays
Section 5: Exceptions& GUI
- Handling Exceptions
- Threading With Swift
- Handling Events
Module 2: (iOS Developer) (60 Hrs)
Section 1 : Getting Started with iOS 6 Programming.
- Obtaining the iPhone SDK
- Components of the iPhone SDK
- Architecture of the iPhone OS
- Some Useful Information before You Get Started
Section 2 : Write Your First Hello World! Application.
- Getting Started with Xcode
- Customizing Your Application Icon
- MVC Design Pattern
Section 3 : Views, Outlets, and Actions.
- Outlets and Actions
- Using Views
- Adding Views Dynamically Using Code
- Understanding View Hierarchy
Section 4 : View Controllers .
- The View-Based Application Template
- The Window-Based Application Template
- The Split View-Based Application Template
- The Tab Bar Application Template
Section 5 : Using the Table View.
- A Simple Table View
- Using the Table View in a Navigation-Based Application
- Displaying Sections
- Adding Indexing
- Adding Search Capability
- Navigating to Another View
- Module 9 : Application Preferences.
Section 6 : Creating Application Preferences
- Programmatically Accessing the Settings Values
- Resetting the Preferences Settings Values
- Saving the Settings Values
Section 7 : File Handling.
- Understanding the Application Folders
- Using Property Lists
- Copying Bundled Resources
Section 8 : Database Storage Using SQLite.
- Using SQLite
- Creating and Opening a Database
- Creating a Table
- Inserting Records
- Retrieving Records
- Bundling SQLite Databases with Your Application
Section 9 : Web Services.
- Basics of Consuming XML Web Services
- Consuming a Web Service in Your iPhone Application
- Parsing the XML Response
- JSON web service
Section 10 : Recognizing Gestures.
- Recognizing Gestures
- Detecting Touches
Section 11 : Displaying Maps.
- Displaying Maps and Monitoring Changes Using the Map Kit
- Getting Location Data
- Displaying Location Using a Map
- Getting Directional Information
- Displaying Annotations
- Reverse Geocoding
Section 12 : Background Applications.
- Understanding Background Execution on the iPhone
- Detecting Multi-Tasking Support
- Tracking Locations in the Background
- Making Your Location Apps More Energy Efficient
- Local Notification